Saturday, November 14, 2009

Daily Life

 

IMG_0916

Try to be mindful, and let things take their natural course.
Then your mind will become still in any surroundings,
        like a clear forest pool.
All kinds of wonderful, rare animals will come to drink at the pool,
        and you will clearly see the nature of all things.
You will see many strange and wonderful things come and go,
        but you will be still.
This is the happiness of the Buddha.
                                    ~  Ajahn Chah, from "A Still Forest
Pool"_

1 comment:

  1. Ajan Chah said it well - let things take their natural course..this is one thing that was a significant change for me personally..I am very used to being in control and want things to happen the way I planned them out..sitting in meditation enabled me to see that I need not control..that I can trust and let go..

    ReplyDelete